Honeycomb can only be produced with holes larger than 8mm, and at that size only with very thin paper[paper?:paper sample maker cutting machine]. A finer grid cannot be produced due to two manufacturing reasons; a) the glue strings get too thin or too close to each other to produce the right pattern and b) if you solve a), the resulting paper pack will be too stiff to stretch out into the desired shape. The coarse sandwich structure of honeycomb has the following drawbacks:
1. Only factory produced rectangle sizes can be used. If you use a digital cutting machine[cutting machine?:CUTCNC sample maker cutting machine] to create smaller pieces, loose parts would hang out.
2. It doesn’t provide a side to glue an edge cover onto, so you have to use a u-profile that covers the surfaces as well.
3. It is too much air inside a honeycomb board[honeycomb board?:honeycomb board], so it cannot be used to put screws into.
4. It can only be printed upon with inkjet, since all contact print[print?:printing image graphic cutting solution] methods reveal the honeycomb pattern of the inside through the liner.
5. It cannot be subjected to point pressure without leaving indentation marks.
CUTCNC[CUTCNC?:cutting machine sample maker manufacturer] cutting table[cutting table?:sample maker cutting table] cuts honeycomb sample and short run production directly without making dies. Blade cutting of CUTCNC cutting system[cutting system?:sample maker cutting machine] ensures smooth and clean cutting edge, no burn and no odor by laser one.